Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Paper Bound!

So, while I definitely consider myself fashionably conscious, I must reveal (yes, here in my first blog) my inner nerd! Okay, here it goes: I Love Grid Paper! I know, I know, only mathematicians and engineers are said to utilize the brilliance of grid paper, but I must say it actually makes me feel like I have more creative freedom than blank paper! So, I wanted to introduce you all to two great quality paper sources that also carry my favorite grid notebooks. First, there is Little Otsu in San Francisco (pic at the left).

This place carries the cutest and most artistic paper goods I have found. They not only carry the basics like notebooks and journals, but they also carry very unique name tags, cards/postcards, calendars, bookmarks, and stationary. They are an independent store certainly worth supporting and they even have their own letterpress! They also carry my number one favorite grid notebooks that are printed in Oakland, CA on 100% recycled papers with soy based inks. The thickness of the paper and the size of the notebook is perfect: 4.25" x 5.25" (which is the best since it fits in most of my Mariilang Design Bags!).

My second favorite grid notebook is made by Rhodia.

You've probably seen these notebooks since they now have a cult following! They are the bright orange notebooks with black font that are made in France. This paper company was founded in Lyon, France in 1934 by two brothers, and these notebooks have stayed true to quality! While I'm a little annoyed that they are now sold everywhere (even at American Apparel and some Target locations), I am pleased that I can get my Rhodia fix when the urge arises! And, Rhodia offers four different rulings (blank, lined, grid or the NEW dot grid) for their notebooks in case all of you are not in touch with your inner nerd like I am! I have yet to try the new dot grid, but will let you all know as soon as I do. For now, I definitely prefer the standard grid, which comes in a variety of sizes. And, to top off these fabulous paper goods, I recommend the usage of the Sharpie Pen (my favorite pen at this time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment