Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh My Lush!

This is fresh on my mind, because I am almost out of it and need to stop by and get some more on my way home.

What do I speak of? Why, Lush cosmetics. If you've never heard of Lush before, you should definitely try it. It's fresh handmade soap and natural cosmetics. You can find it as a stand alone store in the mall, or if you're in Chicago, there one attached to Macy's in the Water Tower Place. Or, you can order online. http://www.lush.com/

Once again, my F5 is the one who introduced me to their products. Sometimes I wonder, what do I bring to our friendship? Ah well, I'll just consider myself lucky :o) Nothing wrong with riding on the coattails of my better half!

On another lucky note, I literally can walk by the Lush store 2 times a day, if I really wanted to. However, this means walking on Michigan Avenue with thousands and thousands of tourists. Sometimes, it's worth it - other times, not so much. So anyways, on a good day, walking by it makes my heart aflutter. You see, their window display is always full of color, with stacks and stacks of their soap. I'll take a picture of it on my way home. (here it is:)
















I have many favorites here, but today, let me tell you about the goodies I will be bringing home with me today on my way home from work.

Fresh Farmacy - $9.75/3.5 ounce block
"If your skin is troubled, sensitive and reacts to nearly everything you put on it, lather up with this nightly. It's pink because it's packed with calamine, the stuff your mom put on your mosquito bites to calm down your skin and stop it from itching. We also add chamomile and rose to soothe, and a bit of tea tree oil to help cleanse for blemish-free skin. It's soft, creamy and delightfully effective so give it a try, rub the pink frothy foam all over" - Lush website.

*click on Fresh Farmacy to be connected directly to their online store.


This is one of the rare items in the store that you'll have to ask one of the salespeople to help you. They'll take one of those hefty bricks, take it to their cutting table, ask you how much you want, and cut it with a knife! Then, they'll wrap it in their paper and put the sticker with the price tag on it. They sell it by weight, so don't freak out when it says something like $25 a pound. You will only be charged for the amount that was cut.

I also recommend getting one of their tins to keep it soft and fresh.

You don't want it to get too dried out. On the occasion that I have done that, I just add some water and close the lid, and add more water until I get a pasty consistency. Otherwise, I like it in the bar form.


The other product that I just had a hankering for, is their bar soap called Porridge.

Porridge - $6.95/3.5 ounce block

"When you're in a rush on those early mornings you may consider eating breakfast in the shower. At we LUSH prefer feeding our skin in the shower and saving the real food for afterward. We put real oats and fresh organic orange juice in this deliciously nutritious soap, making it a cleansing and exfoliating multi-tasker. Oats soften and slough away dead skin while orange juice and sweet orange oil gently cleanse the skin." - Lush website

Yet, another product you'll need assistance to get. Ok, so if you read the description above, you'll notice real oats and fresh organic orange juice. Using it in the morning is like - breakfast for your skin! It smells a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I have had to refrain from taking a big bite out of it, I will admit.

So there you have it, my two LUSH purchases at the end of today's work day.

As you can/will see, there are TONS and TONS of products, and between my F5 and I, we have barely made a dent! So if you are Lush fan yourselves, pul-lease, share with us what YOU like. Nowadays, this is the only way I'll try new products from people I trust. Saves the guessing game and/or returning things over and over again. I just hate it when I end up keeping something I hate because I forgot to return it.







Anyways, I leave you with this photo of their display, even though it's from a store in another country :o) You get the point.

What's YOUR favorite LUSH product?!

No comments:

Post a Comment