Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Angelie*Genevive Project (AGP)

My little cousin, Angelie (ok, she isn't so little anymore, but she will ALWAYAS be my little cousin!) is going on a summer mission trip to Vietnam with the Good Samaritan Medical Dental Mission Team in July. I am so proud of her! My Uncle and Aunt #8 and their dedicated family, have been going for over 10 years now and the work that they (along with a team of volunteers, medical support staff, doctors, dentists and surgeons) do for the people of the tiny little villages up in the hillside of Vietnam is amazing. B and I were able to go with them in 2003 and the experience was unbelievably powerful and moving. The lens in which you see your daily live is forever changed. It is both humbling and heart wrenching. But lives are touched and changed every year, which is what keeps the Team going strong!

To help coordinate fund-raising efforts for my little ball of sunshine, mariiLang designs will be releasing 30 genevivies (named in honor of my friend Collette's aunt, whom she lost to Breast Cancer). Here is a preview of some of the different prints.

wheel of genevives



These will mostly be available in Colorado, but she'll have a Facebook page to display them, making them available to everyone (plus $5 shipping and handling).

The genevive measures:

6.5" opening
10" base with reinforced material
4.25" high.

Comes with a pocket for your ID and credit card(s) and a 5.5" strap in the matching material.




More details to come, the debut of the Angelie*Genevive Project fundraiser starts on Wednesday, June 23rd!


1 comment:

  1. Ang told me about these on Facebook...once I scrape up some cash I will have to get one!

    ReplyDelete