Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Two-Week Workout Challenge - Wish me luck!

I am a lazy ass. I will never deny that. In fact, when my partner, B, does his "partner duties" and tries to motivate me to go to the gym with him, I seriously make a pouty face and/or stomp around and/or let out a deep, exasperated sigh, falling back into the couch (that of course, I'm sitting on) as if I am fainting in slow motion. Yes, that is me, the drama queen of the household.

So, after our Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives roadtrip from Chicago->Detroit->Buffalo NY->Boston->Connecticut->Philadelphia->Pittsburgh->Indiana->home to Chicago (that can be another post, but brace yourselves, there will be lots of food pics), my husband and I gained a combined amount of 10 pounds. However, the next weekend, we went to one of our favorite couple's wedding in Quincy, IL (holla @ ReRe and KG!), it was another long weekend of great grub, lots of booze and lots of driving.

We had our weigh in before we left for our roadtrip. But after the Quincy weekend, I had another weigh in - and let me tell you, I thought the scale was broken! So basically, I have some extra poundage that needs to go "siyanara" because the summer is finally here in Chicago! (As I write this, it's gloomy, but at least it's warm @ 78 degrees. Rain is coming though).

It's been over 2 weeks since the wedding, and I just have not been motivated to do anything about this EP (extra poundage). But, last night, B finally got me to go down to the gym with him. And guess what? I was on the elliptical machine for an hour! It didn't even feel that long because, in all honestly, I was so excited and busy jotting down ideas for our HF blog, on my iPhone.

Hooray, I did an hour and felt great! B needed more time in the gym, so I went upstairs and decided to pull out my SHAKE WEIGHT! Yes, your eyes do not deceive you - I got one! I saw the commercials and seriously thought it was a spoof. But when I passed by one while I was at Target, I thought - hey, why not! If it doesn't work, I could always return it (instead of ordering it online/tv and going through the hassle of sending it back).

So, I did the 6 minute workout (foreshadowing: there will be a more extensive review on the Shake Weight, I guarantee it) and was still feeling great! Time to work on 'em abs! I have a really funky neck, so it's hard for me to do crunches. But if I lay on my back and tuck my feet under the couch and use that to counter my weight, the pressure is not so bad on my back and neck. I ended my workout with 100 crunches!

I was stoked. So when B came back upstairs, I declared my "two week workout challenge". That's serious business when those are declared. So there you have it. I have survived day one. I'll be back in 2 weeks to letcha know how I did and also to give you my thoughts on the Shake Weight. It's not pretty, but it has potential....

I leave you with a picture of my burger at Kuma's Corner, here in Chicago. THIS, is the goodness that I'm still trying to work off. But yet, salivate with me...


This is one of the specials - Insect Warefare burger with Pablo crusted goat cheese, bacon, roasted corn and green chili, salsa and a paprika creme fraiche. I guess I should be thankful I didn't gain more LBs from our trip! It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment