Friday, June 18, 2010

"I'm singing in the rain"...but, not yet.

Right now, I'm just wet. Really, really, really wet.

A thunderstorm came through Chicago today. The morning started off beautifully at 72 degrees on my way to work. When I went outside to run an errand, the sun was showing off it's beautiful rays and it was 86 degrees. My boss even left early for a Cubs game with her husband.

And then at 4:15 ish pm, all went gray and the wind kicked up. Chicago got hit hard with big ole raindrops and crazy bouts of wind. I was on the 36 bus and we drove past a Starbucks, with their umbrellas upside down and their tables and chairs on top of it. Kind of surreal feeling. When I got to my stop, I didn't want to get off! I had good reason to be afraid (be very afraid). I rounded the corner of State Division and Clark and got doused by the rain, as if someone took a hose to me. You see, I can't find my umbrella. And I didn't want to buy one, mainly because I ordered one online and it is not here yet. So instead, I was drenched within mere seconds. I look around (through my wet glasses, of course) and I see one umbrella after another, completely lose it's shape and turn inside out. I walked across the street and lost one of my flip flops, which I then proceeded to pick it up and walk the rest of the cross light barefoot. Inside the Jewel, people were huddled around, waiting for the storm to pass. Teenage girls were in their bathing suits, completely taken by surprise at the change of weather.

And me? All I wanted was my umbrella, that is in transit! Tomorow is supposed to be clear, but rain and thunderstorms on Sunday and ALL next week. June 21st can't come soon enough!

Here is my little friend that will keep me safe and dry :o)


This review on Amazon made me smile:
"
Old ladies stop me in the street to ask where I got this amazing polka dot umbrella. When I walk with it on campus, other peoples' umbrellas blow themselves inside out in a fit of umbrellan jealousy. Somehow, I'm a better singer when I carry this umbrella. Once, this umbrella shielded me from a bullet. Am planning to take a trip with this umbrella, Mary Poppins-style. "

Isotoner Clear Bubble Umbrella


I'll letcha know how she holds up. I just know I'll be the envy of all the peeps... :o)

1 comment: