Sunday, June 27, 2010

For the Record:

Hopefully, all of you just finished watching the 201o BET Awards like me! Well, if not, I'm sure you'll be able to YouTube performances tomorrow, but until then, I want to set the record straight. Everyone is voting on the best performance of this year's show, and I must admit there were many outstanding performances with a line-up of celebs such as Chris Brown, Usher, Yolanda Adams, Kim Burrell, Ludacris, Diddy, Kanye, and ALICIA KEYS! But, everyone is saying Chris Brown gave the best performance. I disagree! Normally, I would have hands down said that Alicia Keys was the best performance of the night. And, don't get me wrong...she certainly brought the elegance, soul, and sexiness that only Alicia can bring. BUT, right after her performance Patti LaBelle performed a rendition of Prince's "Purple Rain" as a lifetime tribute to him and it was beyond spectacular. This R&B Queen sings from the depths of her soul, and you can feel the vibrations of her voice long after she stops singing (and I was even watching from home...I can't imagine what she sounded like live!). So, my vote goes to Patti tonight! So much class and such a moving performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment