Friday, July 9, 2010

"Square meals are more fun in round cups" - JJ

I admit it, I'm a crave-r and a binge-r. If I like something, I want it all the time and can't get enough of it!

My newest crave is Jamba Juice, but not what you would think. While their smoothies are tasty (I don't have a fave though), I just recently had something different when B was craving some JJ and I was craving for something warm.

I present to you, Jamba Oatmeal:


$2.95 for 7.6 oz.

"Slow cooked, quick served. Hot, healthy Jamba Oatmeal - organic steel cut oats made from scratch and served with fruit and brown sugar crumble. So grab a spoon and find your smile"

As served = 220 calories
With brown sugar crumbles (I highly recommend!) = 260 calories

It can also be ordered with:

* Bananas
* Apple Cinnamon
* Blueberry/Blackberry


My favorite:
* Brown sugar crumbles, top and bottom, with easy blueberry/blackberry.


Today's order got a little messed up. He didn't give me nearly enough crumbles, and way too much blue/blackberry.








But did I eat it all? Like heck I did! Next time, I think I will see if I can order the brown sugar crumbles on the side. I like them still it's it natural sugary form, and not so much when it's melted. But man, those crumbles rock my world!






This is only my 3rd time eating steel cut oats. I had recently seen a friend's FB post that it was quite yummy. The texture is very interesting. It almost has a popping sensation your mouth when you bit into it. The pieces are freshly milled from high protein oats and cut into neat little pieces on a steel buhr mill.

The first time I had it, I bought some at Trader Joe's. Total fail, via microwave. It never seemed quite all the way cooked, and before I knew it, it had overflowed all over the microwave - oops. So, I think I will cook them on the stovetop at home, and then reheat it here at work. Wish me luck! I'm a little nervous about buying the brown sugar crumbles. What if it's not as good?! Ok, I'll stop whining and letcha know :o)


I forget the price, but it was no more than $5 for 24 oz. for 17 servings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment