Monday, July 19, 2010

My top 3 Sephora brand goodies

Honestly, I could easily list my top 10 Sephora goodies, but I won't - so that I can save some for upcoming blogs!

#1 Mini Heated Eyelash Curler - Sephora Brand - $12

I have always been a fan of heated eyelash curlers. First of all, none of my eyelashs ever fell victim to getting unintentionally plucked. And second of all, the heat really speeds up the curling process. Once upon a time, I had bought their other eyelash curler, also at Sephora, but there was a design flaw that made the bottom/black portion of the curler loose, which is where the battery connects. I went through 2 of them before I was convinced by the salesperson to try the one that I'm featuring. What's even better is that the pink one is cheaper by $4 and the way that the cap fits on it, it will automatically turn it off, which eliminates the possibility of running the batteries dead. SCORE! While I do miss more of a handle to hold on to, the pink one is still pretty easy to use. So save a few bucks and just buy the pink one the first time your go around :o)



#2 Mineral Double Compact Foundation with SPF 10 - Sephora Brand - $22.00

I am a BIG fan of mineral powder, and was faithful to Bare Minerals for a good chunk of time. I just got tired of the loose powder and the mess that occurred every morning around the sink. I always wished they had a compact version, but I don't think they ever did. I gave up Mineral powder for awhile until one day, I ran across the best of both worlds! Sephora has their own
Mineral Double Compact Foundation with SPF 10. Let me tell you, it has answered all of my prayers and I LOVE IT!

"This silky foundation provides buildable coverage and protects skin with an SPF 10, while the long-wearing formula creates a luminous finish. Tested in order to minimize the risk of allergy, our mineral foundation is talc-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, oil-free and noncomedogenic. Use the dual-sided sponge to achieve your desired look: the fuzzy white side for light coverage, or the black spongy side for full coverage. The "R and the "D" in the shade name reflects Sephora's french background.

The "R" stands for "Rose" (pink) and for those with cool undertones. The "D" stands for Dore (gold) and is for those with warm or yellow undertones. This dual-layer compact also contains a mirror, for touch ups on the go" - Sephora website.



For awhile, I was in between a D35 and D40, but now that it's summer, the D40 works perfect. When I'm in between again, I'll have to double dab and try to get a good mix of the two compacts to customize my own shade.









I have not used this, but I think it will have to be on my "next purchase" list.
Professional Mineral Powder Brush
- $26












I've been using their Contour/Bronzer Brush, which I'm not happy with anymore. And Yikes! It was $36! They must not have had it in the store when I was looking to buy a brush for my new foundation. Oh well!








#3. Sephora's Fresh Gloss Lipgloss - $7

"A pocket-sized lip gloss infused with a fresh, minty scent.

What it is formulated to do:
A refreshing burst of minty flavor helps freshen your breath and the hydrating formula imparts a slick shine that makes your lips truly irresistible.

To use: Apply as often as you like, over lipstick or alone."

I LOVE THIS stuff. The minty sensation lingers for a long time and the feeling is not too heavy. And for $7, it last a long time, too.

So there you have it! My top 3 Sephora brand products. I have a ton more, but like I said, I'll save it for a rainy day. What about you? Do you have any favorite Sephora brand products? Give them a chance, you'll be pleasantly surprised, just like me!





No comments:

Post a Comment