Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thanks to my lovely F6, I was able to get pampered with a mani/pedi before her big day! It was then that I had my first GELLISH nail color experience. I wished I took pics of it when I first got it, but considering that this pic was taken 2 weeks the initial application, this is ultimately the picture worth posting!


I did love it, it didn't take much longer than a regular finger painting session and was only an $10. A few things I'd do differently:

1. Have the nail technician apply at least 3 coats. Otherwise, mine ended up chipping and I'm a picker, and peeled the whole thing right off! This will actually end up striping ur natural nails, as opposed to doing it the correct way - soaking it in acetone.
2. Pick a color that you don't mind living with, for TWO weeks! Luckily, I did get sick of this gorgeous dark eggplant color, but it is a pretty big commitment to ONE color!
3. They are pretty resilient, but try not to pick at them!! You'll do more harm and not worth the fun. My nails feel a little bit thinner, but I'm not sure if it's because of the chemicals, or because I peeled off the polish. Either way, don't pick!

I had a similar color, in the Essie brand, on my toes. They didn't last nearly as long and already started to fade and chip after a few days. GELLISH definitely killed the competition!

Btw, this is coming to you from my first mobile blog! Whoohoo!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment